We have been photographing weddings together for over 10 years and during that time, we have been privileged to photograph many weddings at Miskin Manor. It is consistently one of the very best locations with stunning grounds a beautiful old Manor house and wonderful staff. So, because we can, we thought we’d show you a few shots of a recent wedding there. Enjoy!
Weird isn’t it, you are getting married and EVERYONE has an opinion, do this, do that, this is good, ignore so and so…
They will even tell you (if you have the audacity to say you want something to happen) that you are being a “bridezilla!”. How mean is that!? So, here are a few pointers for you qualified by the very fact that we have been through this over 300 times, probably more than most people and by the fact that in virtually every case, we were there from preps to the party, we have seen most of it.
The basics, how the day flows:
You get ready, you turn up for the wedding, your partner is there waiting, you get married, you have some photographs with other people there, you chat and laugh, you eat food, you relax until the evening guests turn up, you chat and laugh some more, you dance until your feet hurt whilst having a drink or two and eventually, you leave the party and that’s it!
So, after that basic break down, what else is there? For some, they only see a few parts of that day, the hairdresser and makeup artist only see the getting ready. The registrars or officiants only get to see the ceremony, the venue sees quite a lot, especially if you are getting ready at the venue, married there, eating there and partying there, otherwise, they see maybe a ceremony and almost certainly a wedding breakfast. Now for the important message that us photographers have for you. We are the only people other than yourselves who experience your day WITH you, who pay attention to the details the way you will, who remember the day as you do because we see the squabbles, the almost happened, the fails, the succcesses…
What the heck does all that mean… well here’s a little insight for you. As what we do is SO emotive, and so involved, we get to know you, we become friends during our chats and meets prior to the main event and then on the day, we are the ones who interact with you more than anyone else so we see when someone has upset another guest, we know if something hasn’t been done to your specifications and at times, we help pick up those pieces, we get your hair re-done and advise on whether it will hold for the day. We are often confided in by our couples for advice about makeup strength, how to hold a bouquet, the best way to handle the wedding dress etc…
We have been asked by a bride recently to please tell the venue that they would like to sit down now please… could they have drinks, could someone find them canapes… and so on.
So, we are privileged, delighted and happy to be your photographers, it’s not just a point and click engagement most of the time though we are happy to be as involved as YOU want us to be. Now, a few tips for you to make your day run incredibly smoothly… this is important stuff 🙂
1. Make sure you are ready before you think you need to be… add in time for us to leave you 20 minutes before you even think about leaving because we need to be with your partner half an hour before you get married. This means in basic terms, if you are getting married at 12:00 midday, we need to be with your partner at 11:30… factor in any travelling time if you aren’t getting ready at the place you are being married and then add in 30-45 minutes before that to be ready or you won’t have any photographs of you looking pristine in your wedding dress that many bridesmaids parents etc haven’t yet seen. How else can we do a big reveal photograph if they have seen it already?! The bridal portraits don’t happen super quickly, you need to feel right about it and that takes a few minutes to be relaxed into it 🙂 In other words, hair and makeup first for you, as long as you can get into your dress, if your bridesmaids aren’t quite finished, we can do their photographs later, yours should be the most important.
2. Eat something, again, if you are getting married at 12:00, you aren’t going to be fed again typically for four hours… with the adrenalin, tension and excitement, that is going to seem like forever!!!
3. Confetti, not everywhere allows confetti but if they say no to that, you can almost guarantee they will allow bubbles.. only do this if your dress isn’t silk or satin as the bubbles will mark those materials where they wont mark cotton or lace.
4. Groups, the groups are the dullest bit of the day for everyone at your wedding but they are important so we get them done in double quick time. We will have asked you during one of our earlier chats who to go to for help in gathering your groups so it should run super fast.
5. Unplugged, we have done a few weddings recently that were unplugged – some completely as in, nobody take photographs please, we are paying someone to do this and don’t want anyone else’s photographs appearing online of our wedding and some half unplugged with a simple, please don’t post anything until we say you can, we want our professional photographs to be the first ones people see!!! We will do what YOU want, it’s YOUR day. The only caveat we have on that is that it’s really difficult to photograph past an ipad that’s been thrust into the aisle as you are doing your first kiss!!! (We actually photographed the iPad as we couldn’t see past it with it’s cover hanging down!).
6. FUN, your day is supposed to be emotional and fun and friendly, we want to be a part of the fun, so we will get those laughing shots, we know how to anticipate the moments and make the shot.
7. It’s about you but NOT about us, we are there to capture what YOU want us to. If that’s fully reportage, staying in the background, not intervening, not setting up anything or adjusting anything, we can do that… if you want elegant though, please allow us those little adjustments because unless you are a model, you are not necessarily going to know how to hold your partner to make things look natural yet beautiful. We don’t man-handle people and it’s just a word here and there but it makes SUCH a difference. If you want to know how we do it, have a chat with us, two photographs in 20 seconds and you will understand.
8. How soon do we see our images… well, most couples find time for a two week honeymoon so we aim to have edited images for you to see within two weeks. Sometimes we can do it faster if you are only away for a week and now and then, we are given a reprieve when a couple go on honeymoon for three weeks! It doesn’t take us more than two weeks, so if you are ready for it, we are ready for you!
9. Airbrushing images… we will, where it makes sense, but we shoot properly to start with, we avoid exit signs and fire extinguishers if we can… we advise you on how to stand for the most slimming shot to start with (it’s fun too) so our editing is in enhancement more often than correction. It’s about being a good photographer, if we had to take 3000 photographs to get 500 good ones, we wouldn’t class that as a good photographer. Equally, if we supply you with 800 images because we can’t choose the best that will make you go wow, we am not good photographers… I will select the very best from the bunch the images that you will love, will go wow to, will want on your wall, as your backdrop and to show all your friends. We LOVE weddings and what we do, our clients tell us that it shows.
10. Albums, we will produce albums, based on your selection of images and to our design. We use quality providers typically based in the UK but if you would prefer an Italian or Polish album instead, we can do that. Normally though, we select on the companies ability to provide us with consistently stunning production according to our colour brief and exacting standards.
We hope all this has been of interest and if you would like to have two incredibly passionate photographers be a part of your day, please give us a nudge 🙂
Paul and Jacs
This is just a very small selection of images from Clearwell Castle… it’s a stunning castle hotel. It’s light and airy and feels incredibly classy!
Have a quick look at these images…
This venue is one that lures you in with a gorgeous tree lined driveway, the main location for the wedding is in a converted stone built barn at the back of the property, it’s just beautiful, they have a wedding licence so you can get ready there and get married there if you wish.
Check out a few of the shots here 🙂
Hensol Castle Wedding Photographer
A little bit about weddings at Hensol Castle…
Here are just a couple of images from a Hensol Castle Wedding… a beautiful couple in a stunning location.
I thought we would show you how it looks in bright daylight and how fantastic it also looks at night hence the fabulous images below… (Check out the shadows of the couple to the left in the night shot :))
Enjoy our Hensol Castle Wedding Photography 🙂 and if you want to talk to us… just click the link and visit our main site here: Studio Cwtch Weddings
Images of Hensol Castle
If you are having a castle style wedding, just give us a call to chat about your day!
Oh and a shameless google search help thingy… Hensol Castle Wedding Photographer – Just one of our favourite venues.
For more stunning wedding images from other favourite venues, check out our main site : Studio Cwtch Weddings
Leigh Park Hotel Wedding Photography
This is such a stunning venue, even on a cold wet(ish) day, it had loads to offer. We barely touched the inside as we had the opportunity to use the gardens and the structures there. Had the rain stayed away more, we would have used the walkways and paths too!
If you get a chance to check out this lovely venue, just remember the photographs we have here and if you want to see more, give us a call or visit our main wedding photography page here: Studio Cwtch Weddings
Ah you know what… here’s the google bit… the easiest way to find us hence the creation of these bits at the bottom of our posts is by searching for Cardiff wedding photographer.
Wedding Photographer Cardiff
What we are doing – New Photography Style
I hope you all get a chance to look around our site… things are all changing, starting to reflect the design that has gone into our brochure, our other web-presence and our stand for when we are at a wedding fayre.
We love the photography world, we love weddings and we love the way people react to the gorgeous wedding photography that we produce.
You know, it’s not just a passion, it’s a lifestyle, weddings photographers the world over will tell you how exciting each wedding is, every one is different and for us, the challenge on the day is to find the right balance of capturing beautiful images and working with your personality.
We don’t want every wedding to look the same, to be run of the mill, to be about the photography even!!! We want each and every wedding to be about capturing your style, your moments and those of your guests.
Hope to speak soon, to find out more about YOU, more about what makes you happy and more about what YOU want for YOUR day!
Paul and Jacs – the Cwtchy Studio!
We do try to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to having the right kit for the right job. This year, instead of carting more lights than we need around with us, we decided to consolidate and get the right lights to do virtually everything we could want. After a LOT of research and checking, we landed upon the new Interfit S1 system. Currently the only system to have been built to run on both battery and power via a dedicated system. They come with a commander module so you can run the lights from your camera and they have already been worth the investment.
Check out a random couple of diverse photographs to see what we mean…
I did say they were random lol.
See you soon, oh and check out our new pricing structure for weddings… we think it might be revolutionary! Investment Menu
Dog Photography – I know, it’s not something we do or specialise in!
I know, it’s a funny title… but these little ladies were just delightful, so full of character and so loving! We just grabbed an opportunity after a commercial photoshoot training session when a black backdrop was in place. These little ones were photographed with just one light (it’s actually all we had with us) and the results speak for themselves.
It’s a fabulous business, photography, you get to meet some of the nicest folk… their owners are pretty special peeps too!
I guess I should be more google aware, hence creating these little bits of info… but when you go looking for us, try searching for Cardiff Wedding Photographer please 🙂
Wedding Fayre – Old Post House, St Fagans
What a fabulous evening… we had fun, the guests who came to see us were just lovely. Feedback on our new logo and branding gave us something to smile about!
If you did pop by and see us, thank you! You made our evening worthwhile just by speaking to us and allowing us a few minutes of your precious time.
We can’t thank the family at Old Post House enough for their attention to details, and friendliness… it’s a bit weird having so many people invade your space and set up to display what they can do. You made our visit with you today an absolute pleasure and we can’t wait to see a lot more of you over the coming months and years.
Just a little nudge to those who did pop by… if you want any (and we mean any) information about the wedding marketplace or want to ask for help in sourcing suppliers for any genre of wedding work, give us a call, let’s have a coffee and a chat.
Take care all,
See you soon,
Paul and Jacs
Ok, so you found this post… now here’s a bit of google stuff, hence creating this entire mini section. Please feel free to search for us using the tags Cardiff Wedding Photographer – that would be awesome!
Oh yes and a link back to our main wedding page on the site is: Studio Cwtch Weddings